University of Regina

University of Regina

3737 Wascana Pkwy, Regina, SK S4S 0A2, Canada
  • Overview
  • Admission Requirements
  • Programs
  • Tuition Fee
  • Scholarships
  • University of Regina

    The University of Regina is a public research university located in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. Founded in 1911 as a private denominational high school of the Methodist Church of Canada, it began an 


    Living Cost





    Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)

    If you plan to continue studying in Canada, you must apply to extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires.

    If you have any further questions or need personalized guidance, please contact Study Canada. We will be delighted to assist you in achieving your academic goals in Canada.

    You can travel as long as you ensure that your study permit and temporary resident visa (if required) are valid for re-entry to Canada.

    Yes, various scholarships are offered by Canadian institutions and other organizations. You should research early to find opportunities that apply to your situation.

    If you are a minor, you may need a custodian in Canada. Depending on the province, this is usually required if you are under 18 or 19.

    Yes, as mentioned, you may be eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit, which allows you to work in Canada for a period equal to the length of your study program, up to three years.

    If you want to change your study program or institution, you must ensure that you still meet the conditions of your study permit and notify IRCC via your account on their website.

    Processing times can vary significantly based on the applicant's country of residence and other factors. Check the IRCC website for the most current processing times.

    If you believe there was an error in the processing, you can correct any deficiencies (if possible) and reapply or appeal the decision.

    Beyond tuition, you should prove you have at least CAD 10,000 (or CAD 11,000 in Quebec) for each stay year, plus additional funds for each accompanying family member.

    Yes, health insurance is mandatory for international students in Canada. Some provinces provide health insurance plans for students, while in others, you will need to arrange private health insurance.

    Yes, you may be able to bring your spouse or common-law partner and dependent children with you to Canada. Your spouse or partner may also apply for a work permit.

    You may be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) or explore other immigration pathways, such as Express Entry or Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP).

    Provided you meet certain conditions, you can work on-campus or off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during regular academic sessions and full-time during scheduled breaks.

    You may provide evidence of ties to your home country, such as a job offer, property ownership, or family obligations, to show you will return home after your studies.

    The document checklist generally includes proof of acceptance, proof of identity, proof of financial support, a letter of explanation, and any additional documents required by your local visa office or the specific program you are applying to.

    You must complete a secondary education for undergraduate programs and a relevant bachelor's degree for graduate programs. The specific requirements can vary by program and institution.

    You can reach us via email or phone or by visiting one of our offices. Please check our website for specific contact details and operating hours.

    Deadlines can vary by institution but generally are as follows: Fall (early December to March), Winter (September to November), and Spring/Summer (January to February).

    The primary intake seasons in Canada are Fall (September), Winter (January), and Spring/Summer (May).

    A designated learning institution in Canada must accept you, prove that you have enough funds to pay for your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation, and have no criminal record.

    You must prove you have sufficient funds to support yourself and any family members who come with you to Canada. This typically means having the equivalent of CAD 20,000 per year for living expenses and tuition.

    Most Canadian universities require a minimum IELTS score 6.5 for undergraduate and graduate courses. However, this can vary by institution and program.

    Your previous academic records are considered when applying for a study permit. They must align with the program you intend to pursue in Canada.

    Yes, you must be admissible to Canada. This means you cannot have a severe health or financial problem or a criminal record. You may need to provide a police certificate or undergo a medical exam.

    Scholarship Qualification Value of Award Deadline